What is a sinus?
Sinuses are air-filled spaces in the skull that are lined with mucus membranes. Sinuses are found around the eyes, nose, forehead and cheeks, and have opening to nasal passages. Functions of the sinuses include humidifying and warming inhaled air, insulation of surrounding eyes and nerves, increasing voice resonance and acting as buffers against facial trauma.
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus membranes. There are 2 types of sinus:
- Acute sinusitis – lasts longer than 4 weeks. Usually starts with a common cold or allergy and lead to a bacterial infection
- Chronic sinusitis – lasts longer than 12 weeks/occur more than 4 times per year with symptoms usually lasting more than 20 days. Membranes of sinus and nose are thickened because they are constantly inflamed.
Symptoms of Sinus:
- Excessive nasal discharge and pus-like mucus with foul smell
- Blocked or runny nose
- Headache, or pain and tenderness in the face
- Fever and sore throat
- Bad breath / loss of sensation of smell
- Cough, which is often worse at night
Causes of Sinus
- Colds and allergies may cause excessive mucus production, resulting in blocked sinuses.
- Small hairs (cilia) in the sinuses, which function is to help remove mucus, do not work properly and this causes inflammation
- A deviated / crooked nasal passage or nasal polyps (grape-size growths of the sinus membranes) that block the opening of the sinuses
Prevention of Sinus
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water or hot tea to promote mucus drainage
- Avoid exposure to cigarette, strong odor from chemicals or polluted air
- Get plenty of rest
You can also try the following products:
- Aloe Vera Gel
• Contains Anthraquinone Complex that helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
• Contains Acemannan which helps to boost immune system.
• Contains vitamins A, C and E, and other naturally occurring nutrients, which helps body to fight against free radicals.
- Absorbent C
• Helps to boost immune system by activating neutrophils (a type of white blood cells), production of antibodies, and control of white blood cells function.
• Helps to reduce allergic reactions by reducing the production of histamine, (produced by the body, histamine are chemicals that causes swelling, sneezing, itching and runny nose).
- Bee Propolis
• Helps to stimulate production of natural immune factor (interferon), and helps to strengthen body’s immune system
• Helps to fight against allergies and reduce inflammation
- Forever Garlic Thyme
• Helps to stimulate the immune system
• Naturally contains antibacterial and antifungal properties
SHOP or JOIN NOW & SAVE 15%-48%!
Interested? What Are You Waiting For? There is Nothing to Lose!
Latest posts by Katalin Hidvegi (see all)
- Youth Restoring Forever Marine Mask - May 26, 2016
- Soothe away your Cares with Aloe Bath Gelee! - May 25, 2016
- Million’s Favorite Product Over 38 Years: Aloe Vera Gelly - May 12, 2016